For thinning Hair, Hair Loss Patches, Receding Hairline
We are all born with 100, 000 hair follicles which start as single follicles and double and triple over time to give hair it’s thickness. As we get older, that reverses back to single follicles, so hair grows in thinner with age.
Other reasons for thinning hair:
- Genes = Family hair patterns
- Menopause = Estrogen hormone is essential for protecting hair loss
- After Pregnancy = Shift in hormones, can cause hair to go from a growing state to a resting state, once hormone levels regulate, hair will return to normal
- Vitamins = in excess, vitamin A can effect hair growth, on the contrary, a lack of B vitamins and a lack of iron will cause hair to thin
- Weight Loss= fast weight loss (i.e., 25 pounds in a month) can cause trauma to hair
- Auto- Immune Disorders= Thyroid and Alopecia Areata (hairloss patches)
- Alopecia Totalis and Universalis conditions are not candidates for the stem cell micro needling
- Stress = when the body is stressed an uneven number of hairs transfer to the resting stage, which occurs before hair falls out
- Damaged Stem Cell Follicles= The more damage to the stem cell of a hair follicle, the more likely the the stem cell will turn into skin, causing the hair follicle to shrink
Scalp Micro Needling works using a growth stem cell serum penetrating “micro channels” in the scalp created from the scalp needling a 50 guage needle designed especially for this treatment from PRO CELL Therapies. Treatments are done a week apart for 5 sessions. Noticeable Hair Growth appears 3-6 months after the treatments begin, The series may be repeated to desired results.
Hair Growth Phases:
- Hair in an Anagen Phase or growing phase lasts three to five years
- The Catagen Phase is a transitional period lasting 10 days in which is prepares to fall out
- The Telogen Phase is a resting phase lasting three months before it begins growing again
Scalp Camouflage in which the scalp is pigmented, a form of tattoo, done to conceal hair thinning, receding hairline, crown balding on women, and Alopecia (hairloss) patches is another wonderful option to create the illusion of hair.